Happy Friday! (Name Your Favorite survey)
OK, so I am kind of a sucker for surveys (loved those early ones in junior high and high school in email chains! haha) and saw this one on Courtney and Heather‘s blogs, so I decided to do it too. Plus, it’s all kinds of easy for a Friday.
Name Your Favorite…
• Person: I have lots of favorite people. Many of them are in this picture. Plus there’s Elvis.
• Color: many shades of blue, but especially teal
• Food: single item? potatoes. type? thai
• Smell: vanilla, coffee, the woods, the ocean
• Book: The Giver, since the 4th grade (also: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Ender’s Game), but the best books that I’ve read in the past year or so are The Fault in Our Stars and the Game of Thrones books.
• Movie: Jurassic Park, Love Actually, HP7 part 2.
• Time of Day: I like mornings, actually. I become completely non-functional around 8pm.
• Day of the Week: Friday afternoon – Saturday. I love going for a run/to the gym on Friday afternoons because it’s always pretty empty and you know you have the weekend ahead! Or to get drinks right after work (not happy hour, because we don’t have that.) Saturdays… doesn’t everyone like Saturday? I even liked Saturdays when I worked Saturdays!
• Thing to Do When Bored: Play on twitter.
• Celebrity: I’ve been in love with David Duchovny since the 7th grade!
• Drink: iced coffee!! or fizzy water for non-alcoholic, a spicy margarita or Jam Jar if there’s alcohol in it
• TV Show: Used to be Dexter. Probably Scandal! Or Law and Order SVU.
• Fruit: apples
• Vegetable: broccoli or green pepper
• Store/Shop: Target, TJ Maxx or Marshall’s, in a dream world Anthropologie
• Workout: running, barre or yoga
• Quote: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
(but there’s also these: “if her DNA was off by 1% she’d be a dolphin!” from House, “Once again, I must ask too much of you Harry.” from HP, “‘We have a T-rex.’ ‘Say it again…’ ‘We have a T-Rex!'” from Jurassic Park)
• Kids’ Names: I have names I like, but I don’t have a favorite.
• Potato Chip Flavor: I LOVE regular Cape Cod chips, and plain tortilla chips.
• Ice Cream Flavor: Vanilla or mint chip. it used to be Cookies and Cream but I can’t eat that anymore.
• Season: after 8 years in Arizona I still love having seasons at all. That said, the best are the first warm days when winter is finally over.
• Dessert: I really love brownies, particularly the corner ones. And they have to be fudgy and not like cake.
• Life Hack: If you fold your shirts in thirds you can put them in the drawers on their sides and you can fit SO MANY MORE! blew my mind.
• Name your favorite… quote and life hack